What to do with DRY ICE Tools and ICICLES
- Proper use of your Tools is essential to ensure you do not get injured.
- DRY ICE Tools and ICICLES are meant to 'loop' over climbing holds that provide sufficient purchase to prevent the strap of the tool from slipping off.
- You do not need to swing your DRY ICE Tools or ICICLES like real ice climbing tools. Simply loop the strap over a hold and pull. The climbing motion is exactly the same as Mixed and Ice climbing.
- Use of your DRY ICE Tool or ICICLE on very small, sloping holds, or on holds that do not provide sufficient purchase is not recommended and may lead to injury if the strap were to suddenly slip off the hold.
What NOT to do
- DO NOT use your DRY ICE Tools or ICICLES for any other purpose than as described above.
- DO NOT use your DRY ICE Tools or ICICLES outdoors.
- DO NOT flip the tools over to use the pommel as a hook. Doing so will damage the wood.
- DO NOT use your DRY ICE Tools or ICICLES as passive protection on a climb. They are NOT designed to be used as protection.
- DO NOT severely twist the rubber loop while climbing. Doing so will weaken the strap under extreme load.
- DO NOT submerge DRY ICE Tools or ICICLES in water or any liquid for prolonged periods of time. Doing so will weaken the wood.
We extensively tested our materials to make sure they could sustain the rigors of repeated pulling, twisting, dropping, and all around gym abusery. DRY ICE Tools will fail at 860lbs of pull. We've made public the results of our testing so that you, the end user, have ALL the information and can feel confident that your tools are tested and tough.
Ths KRONOS Ice Tool has been assessed and found to be in accordance with the requirements of Council Directive 89/686/EEC. The KRONOS Ice Tool satisfies the requirements of the relative harmonized standard EN13089:2011 Mountaineering Equipment - Ice Tools for Type 2 Ice Tool and Type 2 Pick.
CLIMBING IS DANGEROUS!
Technical indoor climbing is inherently dangerous. Our products are for indoor climbing ONLY. Any person using our gear in any manner is personally responsible for learning the proper techniques and good judgment. We strongly recommend that every climber seek instruction by a qualified professional. You are responsible for knowing and respecting our products capabilities and limitations. Always know the maintenance and use history of your equipment and destroy retired gear to prevent future use. The use of secondhand equipment is strongly discouraged. You are responsible for your own actions and decisions. Failure to follow these warnings can result in severe injury or death.
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
Each product offered on this website catalog must be used in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions and only for the specified purpose for which it was designed. Furnace Industries LLC shall not be liable for any consequential damages, injury, paralysis or death arising from any use or misuse of the products purchased from us. By making a purchase from Furnace Industries LLC, you (the customer) and your heirs assume all responsibility of ownership, risks of use and agree to defend and hold harmless Furnace Industries LLC, its owners, and heirs for any incident or action involving products purchased.